Re: question

WOFF (the format) does not break licensing restrictions, but a person who takes or creates a WOFF font and uses it without their own proper license certainly would. Using an unlicensed font would be "stealing", but people already do that with plain desktop fonts.

You're either licensed to use a font in a certain way or you're not. WOFF isn't "breaking" anything.

-Christopher