Re: Webfonts from FontFont

From: Adam Twardoch (List) <list.adam@twardoch.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 13:48:51 +0100
To: "'www-font'" <www-font@w3.org>
Richard,
> Point taken.
> Concerning my use of the word "obsolete" to describe the product of anyone else's hard work: this was and is a mistake. And I retract and apologize to any and all who deserve such. Misguided and inaccurate usage.
> Consider me smacked upside the head.

Well, at least it indicates that you're passionate about it :)

Dave,

As for the comparison between ttf2eot and eotfast.exe, it's fair to
point out that ttf2eot does not incorporate the patented Monotype
MicroType eXpress (MTX) compression while eotfast.exe does (as MTX is
used by Windows). Typically, EOTs created with eotfast.exe will be
smaller than those created with ttf2eot.

A.

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

Reporter: "So what will your trip to Ireland look like?"
Lech Wałęsa: "I get into a car, then onto a plane, and then the other
way around."