Re: WOFF and extended metadata

On Sat, 2010-06-19 at 22:37 +0100, Laurence Penney wrote:
> Could you point to where these restrictions are listed? If you're
> talking about Ruby markup (or any angle-bracket markup), then I'm not
> sure why such markup would not be encoded with < and > and

I'll reply just in case you're seriously suggesting such an ugly
hack :-)

It's not a good idea because you can't then process the markup
with XSLT or XQuery, or edit it with an XML-aware editor, or mark
the name and value as being in separate languages, or use ITS to
mark a particular name or value os "do not translate".

  <item>
    <name>Socks</name>
    <value>black</value>
  </item>

is preferred over
  <item name="Socks" value="black" />

HTML and RSS are not good examples to follow in this regard...

Liam