From: "Markus Flatscher" <markus.flatscher@virginia.edu>
To: www-font@w3.org
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 4:40:11 AM
Subject: Status of OT font features and CSS? (user question)

Dear all,

can anyone give me an idea of where you currently stand with CSS specs
work for advanced OT features such as ligatures, proportional figures,
and tabular lining? (I am particularly interested in the latter), and
when users can expect to see support for this in stable browsers?

I am aware that these things were supported by pre-3.6 experimental
builds of Firefox (cf.
http://people.mozilla.org/~jdaggett/webfonts/tabulardata.html), but
haven't been able to find any information more recent than approx. 10/2009.

Thanks a lot.

Markus Flatscher

--
Markus Flatscher, Project Editor
PO Box 801079, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4318 USA