Re: WOFF and extended metadata

On Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 10:30:00 PM, Christopher wrote:

CS> The question today was: If a font is received by a UA that has
CS> invalid XML metadata, should the UA ignore the metadata block, or reject the font?

CS> I think there was agreement that we'd add a requirement that any
CS> WOFF generation tool must produce valid XML for the metadata
CS> block. This suggests that any WOFF file with invalid XML is not a
CS> compliant WOFF file and has been somehow corrupted or tampered
CS> with (either in transmission, or whatever).

(I assume that well formed and not well formed is meant here, not valid or invalid. In other words, the constraint is that the metadata block contains xml, not that it contains xml which has been validated to a particular DTD.)

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG