Re: Agenda, action items and suggested WOFF changes

John Hudson wrote:

> I'm perfectly content if this clarification consists only of a
> statement such as this:
>
>         User Agents MUST NOT check the level of
>         font embedding permissions set in a font
>         delivered using WOFF format. In general,
>         it cannot be assumed that embedding
>         permissions in the font OS/2 table fsType
>         field correspond to licensing of fonts for
>         use on the web. Web authors are therefore
>         expected to have made adequate efforts to
>         make sure that the font license
>         corresponds to the intended use.

I'm fine with a statement such as this.  I would change the wording of the first
sentence slightly to be more specific and include tool usage:

          The font embedding permissions set in
          the font contained in a WOFF file MUST
          NOT affect load behavior in user agents
          and MUST NOT affect whether tools
          produce a WOFF file from an underlying
          font.  In general, it cannot be assumed
          that embedding permissions in the font
          OS/2 table fsType field correspond to
          licensing of fonts for use on the web.
          Web authors are therefore expected to
          have made adequate efforts to make sure
          that the font license corresponds to the
          intended use.

Regards,

John Daggett