RE: What constitutes protection [was: About using CORS]

FWIW, If we had a chance to go back and protect every other resource from being used with SOR and CORS - it would have made sense to do it. Besides privacy and leakage, there is also bandwidth consideration - why should an author or a website owner ever be in a position when anyone else can link to his resources on his site when he is the one paying for bandwidth? Even if his hosting plan provides unlimited bandwidth, it is still his bandwidth, right? The author seems to be the only one who is entitled to make the decision to allow this linking to happen using CORS. It seems that same-origin restriction by default makes perfect sense for any resource, and while I lament that it wasn't implemented for other resources, I do not see any reason why it should not be in place for fonts and other resources going forward.

Vlad