Re: Next step?

On 22 Oct 2009, at 22:05, Chris Lilley wrote:

> Perhaps Jonathan Kew could chime in with an estimation in hours/
> lines of code needed to add WOFF decoding support?

The woff-decoding routines we're using in Mozilla (see the archive of
sample code I've posted) amount to less than 400 lines of C. The
complete woff.c file there is a bit over 1000 lines, but that also
includes the encoding routines, which we don't compile in the Mozilla
build. This code is of course available for others to use if they wish.

Incorporating this into a browser that already has the capability to
download a font file and activate it on the platform should generally
be do-able with dozens rather than hundreds of additional lines of
code -- basically it involves adding a call to the decoding function
in between downloading and activation, and appropriate management of
the data buffers involved.

JK