RE: Next step?

> From: www-font-request@w3.org [mailto:www-font-request@w3.org] On
> Behalf Of John Hudson

> No, I don't think that. I'm just having trouble seeing the upside for
> any-2-of-4. I'm having trouble understanding why conformance should
> oblige any new browser to support more than one format, which strikes
> me
> an unnecessary work. And that seems to me a technical argument.

If supporting those formats real web authors will actually need to deal with
for some time constitutes unnecessary work, and blessing the one format that
hasn't shipped yet and may not reach critical mass for years is the best
we can do then I have to wonder what we need a working group for, never mind
the purpose of this entire discussion.