Re: [css3-fonts] Comments on @font-face: local(...)

I am of course a broken record on this issue, but...

Why deal with locale-based differences in font family and style names,
but not platform-based differences?

I am still perturbed that a font is family = "Glurbish Light" and
style = "Bold" in Windows GDI but family = "Glurbish" and style =
"Semibold" on Mac OS X, and I think it's a problem. It can be solved
either partially or completely (depending on how ambitious and complex
one wants to be) if there's a spec for what user agents are supposed
to do across platforms.

Regards,

--
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up
and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."