Next step?

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:37:14 -0700
CC: 'www-font' <www-font@w3.org>
We now have what seem to be two viable proposals for interoperable web
font formats agreeable to most if not all parties, and demonstration of
test code to produce and support both. How do we proceed from here?

I have to admit that I rather like the idea of a 'Prove Richard Fink
Wrong' race to see how quickly the non-EOTL format can be implemented
and shipped in all major browsers. I kind of get the impression that
Firefox could do it within a week if they set themselves to it. IE8
patch anyone?

All joking aside, how best do we proceed to getting one or both of these
proposals formalised, supported in browsers and into an W3C recommendation?

John Hudson