Not replacing OTF/TTF linking

From: Ben Weiner <ben@readingtype.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 19:32:49 +0100
To: www-font <www-font@w3.org>

Erik van Blokland wrote (on OpenFontLibrary):
> The webotf proposal does not state anything about replacing otf / ttf
> linking.
OK, I thought that was an significant issue.

In fact both EOTL and webOTF proponents are happy that TTF and OTF remain as viable formats for linking with @font-face as they are in current W3C recommendations, and that the format is selected on its merits (like, publisher A will license in format Y or type-designer B thinks the licence expression is better in format Z) alone.

Am I catching up now?

Thanks for your forbearance,

Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html