Re: WebOTF Proposal

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 17:24:16 -0500
To: Ben Weiner <ben@readingtype.org.uk>
Cc: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
I don't see anything offensive about this format, and from what I
recall the ZOT compression works really well for fonts.  I could
definitely see myself using this in a couple of years, once enough of
the market had support for it.  If I recall, the foundries were
generally pretty happy with .webfont, which means it's likely that
we'll see good adoption of this format in sales.

For now, of course, I'd love to see *both* this and EOTL supported, so
I have an interop format now, and then an even better interop format
in a couple of years.  The sooner we get this stuff out the door, the
better, in my opinion.  ^_^

~TJ