Re: .webfont Proposal 2

From: Mark Tomlin <dygear@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 21:09:05 -0400
To: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
So to make sure I get this straight, a .webfont file is basically a
zipped directory containing tff files or some other format font with
an XML file that tells the 'reader' who the font was made by, who it
belongs to and what the font is. Information that could also be
included in the info.xml is then when the bold html tag is applied to
an element, what part of the file to read.

Helvetica.webfont
{
	info.xml
	fontdata
	{
		Helvetica.tff
		Helvetica Bold.tff
		Helvetica Italic.tff
		Helvetica Bold-Italic.tff
	}
}

I do like that this allow for basically anyone who has a text editor
and zip compression software on their computer to make there own
..webfont. But then, I could also be getting this completely wrong.

--
Thank you for your time,
Mark 'Dygear' Tomlin