Re: EOT & DMCA concerns

From: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 16:49:02 -0700
To: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Cc: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 16:31 -0700, John Daggett wrote:
> Thomas Lord wrote:
>
> > Poor Dagget might eventually find that Firefox has had an EOTL bug
> > for a year or two that results in the accidental rendering of some
> > EOTC fonts.  Worse, perhaps resulting in some number of sites "in
> > the wild" that rely on this bug.
>
> No, this will not happen.

Then to a future implementer.  An EOTL bug which
results in accidentally rendering an EOTC font
is quite easy to imagine.  Perhaps Moz. is above
such a mistake yet the possibility is relevant
to evaluating the quality of the proposed Recommendation.

> P.S. Two g's and two t's please.  The old English spelling of the name
> is Doggett, also with two g's and two t's.

My apologies.  It is interesting that you know the
lineage of the name that far back; disputable
that the name had a fixed spelling that far back ;-)

"Hwæt!"
-t