RE: EOT & DMCA concerns

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:03:35 +0000
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
> From: www-font-request@w3.org [mailto:www-font-request@w3.org] On
> Behalf Of Tab Atkins Jr.

I second Tab wholeheartedly. If only because I do not care for the name either (and hate 'lite' beers). For the time being, it does remain a pretty descriptive and honest name since this is a subset or profile of an existing format called EOT. But if we can eliminate future marketplace confusion and unwanted expectations by naming it differently, that's totally fine by me.