RE: EOT & DMCA concerns

Sylvain, given the position you describe here,
will you have any problem at all advocating that
all the font vendors at the table, and Microsoft,
should heartily endorse a draft Recommendation
that says UAs "MUST" implement EOTL but "SHOULD"
implement EOTC-sans-enforcement?  And calling upon
Monotype to liberate MTX patenting in support of
that?   To thus advocate would seem to be consistent
with what you are saying here.   Such endorsement
would help to make very clear that people generally
don't expect EOTC to serve as a "protection" format
in the future and that other browser implementers
are not legally constrained should they choose to
support it.

-t