RE: EOT-Lite File Format 1.2 (was RE: EOT & DMCA concerns)

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 20:10:03 +0000
To: "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
CC: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
Should font vendor and author feedback indicate the ability to use rootstrings to enforce same-origin restrictions in IE to be required for deployment then 1.2 would be the way to go. Until we have clear consensus that this will be needed and have established it does not introduce (or reintroduce) issues we sought to eliminate by doing away with rootstrings, I'm fine with 1.1 as the path is no less clear for IE9 in that case.