Re: FW: EOT-Lite File Format

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 19:21:28 -0700
To: rfink@readableweb.com
CC: robert@ocallahan.org, 'www-font' <www-font@w3.org>
Richard Fink wrote:

> If you or someone else hasn't started a thread on Typophile to discuss this tomorrow, I'll start one.

Go ahead, but note that while a number of font makers are active as
individuals on Typophile, many are not and those that are might not be
in a position to make public statements on behalf of their companies.

I also think that if you (or I) just go to font makers and say 'Will you
license your fonts for the EOTL format as proposed here [link to John's
1.1 draft]?', the first response you will get from a lot of people will
be 'What about .webfont?' So you'll need to explain the context of your
question.

I will be initiating some discussions about EULAs on other channels, and
with permission from the participants may be able to report back here. I
can't promise that, though.

JH