From: www-font-request@w3.org [mailto:www-font-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Sylvain Galineau
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 2:05 PM
To: Thomas Lord
Cc: Tab Atkins Jr.; John Daggett; www-font
Subject: RE: EOT-Lite File Format v.1.1

I honestly don't understand what's being evaded. EOTL files
have no rootstrings. There is not space for them in the header.
EOT files with rootstrings are, per the current definition,
not EOTL files. IE will still support those. But an EOTL-only
implementation will treat any EOT files with rootstrings as
invalid since the header version number will be != 0x00020000.

Sorry for being dense. I don't understand what the issue is.