Re: EOT-Lite File Format v.1.1

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Sylvain
Galineau<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> That is, do these checks occur past the point of no return, or can
>> they be part of the "check what kind of font this file is" algorithm,
>> allowing a conforming implementation to then attempt to load it as a
>> different kind of font (such as EOT-Classic)?
>
> If you support EOT-Classic then you will load any EOTL. A core requirement
> of this proposal is that all EOTLs are valid EOTs. So maybe I'm missing the
> question ?

Valid EOTLs are a strict subset of valid EOTs.  Can an implementation
conform to the EOTL spec while still successfully processing those
files which are valid EOT but not EOTL?  You can qualify your answer
with any sets of features differing between EOT and EOTL if you wish.

~TJ