RE: The unmentionable

From: Bill Davis <info@ascenderfonts.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:04:33 -0500
To: <www-font@w3.org>
Cc: <www-font@w3.org>

My apologies to all for stepping into a pile of doggy doo, and having it
smell up so many posts/replies. -:)

Even though this thread had quite a few twists & turns, I do want to thank
you all for explaining in detail the various issues and the reasoning behind
some of the decisions that have been made. The security issues, especially
with fonts, need careful consideration.

I think that the two examples of rationale for same-origin restrictions
which Thomas Lord pointed out (helping to protect the bandwidth of servers
offering fonts, and helping to protect users from malicious fonts) do make
sense, and I will keep this in mind as we move forward with a web font
solution.

Bill