Re: .screenfonts

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:01:53 -0700
To: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
Fascinating as this discussion is, I think it probably belongs over on
Typophile, where it can contribute to general discussions about
screenfonts without distracting from the question of web font format. At
the risk of annoying Laurence, I'd say that the topic of size-specific
screenfonts is orthogonal to that of web font format.

JH

PS. If someone does want to start a Typophile thread on this topic, I'll
be happy to explain why the OT 'size' feature is a lousy hack that
breaks the OT layout model, is unlikely ever to be implemented in much
software, and why a more robust and sensible approach is needed. :)