RE: The unmentionable

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 Dirk Pranke <dpranke@chromium.org>:

Dirk Pranke wrote:

>Apart from the first paragraph, I am curious what you believe "what
>kinds of protections [the browser makers] would be willing to accept"
>to be.

John Hudson replied, in part:

>The kind that the current draft versions of .webfont and ZOT provide.
>There's been enough positive engagement with .webfont from John D and HÃ¥kon to make it reasonable to conclude >willingness to accept the minimal protection in that format, and the ZOT proposal came from within Mozilla.

Dirk,

With the understanding, as you state, that you're not speaking for Chrome, Chromium, or Google in any way, does the "minimal protection" that John writes about seem in line with what you imagine the feelings of those involved with other non-IE browsers would be?

Regards,

Rich