Re: Merits and deficiencies of EOT Lite

On 28 Jul 2009, at 23:34, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> So your objection is rooted in 'fairness' grounds rather than anything
> to do with the actual font format?  This doesn't seem logical - even
> if we scrapped EOT-Lite in favor of some new format, and IE supported
> it, you'd still need the updated @font-face support in IE and CFF
> support in Windows.  These problems are completely orthogonal to the
> question of format.

I'm getting tired of hearing the words 'completely orthogonal'. If
there's a great new font-related idea that can be supported in IE by a
particular set of software engineers, then there's someone that can
authorize that resource allocation without worrying in what dimension
his knickers are twisting.

- L