Re: EOT-Lite clarification

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:32:09 -0700
To: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
CC: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
John Daggett wrote:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-font/2009JulSep/0737.html

I suspect your questions might be best answered by someone from
Microsoft who was intimately involved with the development of the
original EOT spec, and who can explain the reasons why the structure is
as it is. [I'm bcc'ing this to such a person, in the hopes that he might
contribute either directly or via Sylvain.]

One of the things I would like to see added to a future version of
EOT/-Lite, presuming it can be done without breaking backwards
compatibility, is an accurate summary of Unicode characters supported by
the font. The Unicode range bits in the EOT header, duplicated from the
font OS/2 table, are unreliable indicators.

John Hudson