Re: A way forward

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:59:51 -0700
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
CC: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> John, I was fine with Dave's last statement i.e. that this suggestion be
> counted as one of the outstanding proposals. No more.

I understand. I was registering disagreement: I don't think it is an
idea that deserves serious consideration as an web font format proposal,
and should be discounted. The inventor of this hack mechanism publicly
supports .webfont and I have not seen any indication that he thinks it
should be considered as any kind of long-term solution for web fonts.

JH