RE: A way forward

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:00:55 +0000
To: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>
CC: www-font <www-font@w3.org>

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com<mailto:sylvaing@microsoft.com>> wrote:
To make sure we are on the same page, EOT-Lite means:
1. Raw font files are prefixed with a well-known binary header;
2. The user agent reads the parts of the header necessary to:
       a. Determine its length;
       b. Verify its validity e.g. ensure the rootstring field is null;
3. The user agent then proceeds to skip this header and treat the remainder of the resource as
it would a reference to its raw equivalent.

Is "XOR encryption" permitted by EOT-Lite? Because Ascender's just-announced "EOT Lite Wrap Tool" optionally applies "XOR encryption", and presumably authors will expect the results to still be "EOT Lite".

It seems to be the case in Ascender’s initial iteration. Can you elaborate on the concern ? I’m not attached to it, personally.