RE: A way forward

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:15:50 +0200
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: (wrong string) åkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>, www-font <www-font@w3.org>
Also sprach Sylvain Galineau:

 > > Can you list some successful browsers that do not replicate IEs
 > > quirks? It goes without saying that such browsers wouldn't find many
 > > users. This is not a healthy for the web and we should try to move
 > > away from it.
 >
 > You're evading again, and very poorly so. Which exact quirks are necessary for
 > you to implement in the context of EOT-Lite ?

For example, should this code have any effect?:

  @font-face {
     font-family: foo;
     src: url("http://example.com/fonts/foo.eot") format("embedded-opentype");
  }

According to the specification it's valid, according to your
implementation it's not.

Now it's your turn: how many bugs has Microsoft fixed in the EOT code
over the last decade?

-h&kon