RE: A way forward

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 20:54:58 +0200
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: (wrong string) åkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>, www-font <www-font@w3.org>
Also sprach Sylvain Galineau:

 > Second, no one, to my knowledge, has stated that your browser
 > should match IE's legacy behavior

Can you list some successful browsers that do not replicate IEs
quirks? It goes without saying that such browsers wouldn't find many
users. This is not a healthy for the web and we should try to move
away from it.

Rather than insisting on others embalming your mistakes from the past,
you should switch on TTF/OT in IE8. It's done in an hour and Windows
Software Uptdate can easily transmit the patch by tomorrow morning.

Cheers,

-h&kon