Re: A way forward

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:17:54 -0700
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
CC: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
Håkon wrote:

> Therefore, and for all the other reasons mentioned in the thread, I do
> not feel like replicating IE and its EOT format. It's not a trivial
> job and it will cause browser vendors and web designers much pain.

Both Sylvain Galineau and John Daggett have now indicated that they
might be willing to participate in a process to standardise something
like .webfont or ZOT. Sylvain wants to proceed directly to a working
grooup on such a basis, while John prefers an initial ad hoc group to
work out the rough details, but both Microsoft and Mozilla seem open to
going down this path. Could we also count on Opera to join in such a
process?

John Hudson