Re: A way forward

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:35:52 +0100
To: Erik van Blokland <erik@letterror.com>
Cc: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, www-font <www-font@w3.org>
Thanks for clarifying that :)

On 24 Jul 2009, 10:48 AM, "Erik van Blokland" <erik@letterror.com> wrote:

On Jul 24, 2009, at 4:20 AM, John Daggett wrote: > My only concern with
.webfont was that font ven...
This was a concern for us as well.

So when we posted the 2.1 update, we wrote an explanation to all foundries
which had offered support (at that time, the list grew since then. We
pointed out that we'd understand retraction if the support was contingent on
browser support of <allow>. We haven't received any news of foundries
retracting support for .webfont. We did receive replies re-confirming
support.

I know this is a very open ended and informal poll, but I think one can
interpret it that there was no public outcry amongst foundries because of
dropping allow in the 2.1 proposal.

Erik