Re: Webfont compression

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:15:34 -0700
To: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
Does anyone have actual statistics on how much web traffic is served
gzip compressed? I'm testing a variety of sites using the gzip test tool
to which Laurence linked, and I'm finding more that are not compressed
than are, but obviously this is a tiny sampling.

I remain unconvinced that server-side compression is a sufficient answer
to font compression, given that universal availability and ease of use
don't seem to translate into universal application.

John Hudson