Re: .webfont Proposal 2.1

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:36:37 +0100
To: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
2009/7/22 Erik van Blokland <erik@letterror.com>:

> Several font vendors and users raised concerns about the security of [zip].
> They feel that another bulkhead is necessary in light of the removal of the
> <allow> element.

To me this suggests that they thought the webfonts proposal required
browsers to enforce root strings.

I'm glad you have communicated that's never happening, and hope they
continue to support your proposal despite it instead of returning to a
position of refusing to license fonts for the web until they get DRM.