Re: .webfont Proposal 2

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 00:39:16 +0200
To: Tal Leming <tal@typesupply.com>
Cc: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
Also sprach Tal Leming:

 > As the proposal said, we are interested in hearing from the browser
 > developers on two possible ways of handling the <allow> element:

 > 2. A "Page Info" interface element that would show the contents of the
 > <allow> element, along with the other relevant metadata, to the user
 > upon request.

I wouldn't want specifications to demand placement in the "page info".
Browsers run in all sorts of environments with all sorts of
constraints, and "page info" may not always be available.

Specifications should describe the bits that cross the wire, and what
is presented on the cavas. Outside of that, specs shouldn't make
demands. IMHO.

-h&kon