Re: .screenfonts [and optical sizes]

From: Ben Weiner <ben@readingtype.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:28:35 +0100
To: www-font <www-font@w3.org>

Thomas Phinney wrote:

and font-handling software]
> I don't really see that. There's already a location for the info that
> coudl be used for both the desktop and the web, and replacing that
> with a web-only approach would be a step backwards. Even adding a
> web-only approach would be unfortunate, as getting the existing
> mechanism supported would put pressure on other software vendors to do
> the same.
Sounds like a better solution, yes. Thanks for the clarification. If
it's a problem that already has a technical solution that is unversially
applicable, let's use that existing technical solution and widen the
knowledge base :-)

I'd love to see how the decision about the optical size is made: is the
pixel-pitch of the monitor taken into account?

Ben Weiner | http://readingtype.org.uk/about/contact.html