Re: .webfont Proposal 2

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Thomas Lord<lord@emf.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-07-15 at 21:06 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

I'm not aware of any use cases where someone does use MIME as a mechanism for
one part marking up another, except perhaps in the case of MHT (which
I don't think is
a good analogy here, because the relationship is inverted).

Can you point to other precedents for your approach? If you have done
so already
and I've forgotten, I apologize.

I think it's much conceptually clearer to fetch a single resource (the
bundle of data + metadata) through HTTP
than it is to fetch a "multipart MIME document", and we do have a
precedent with ZIP and JAR (and I'm sure
that there are a couple others that I'm forgetting).

-- Dirk