Re: .webfont Proposal 2

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:03:03 +0100
To: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Cc: www-font <www-font@w3.org>
2009/7/15 John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>:

> I'm wondering who would create these files?

It seems clear to me that some "big box" foundries - like Adobe, who
stated this as their position - will allow customers to convert their
desktop fonts to web fonts - because doing otherwise would have
negative ROI - while most foundries will try to maximise their rents
by supplying premade web fonts to customers and happily charging them
over and over for each modification to the info.xml in Tal's proposal.