Re: Font license vs. conversion between font formats

From: Richard Rutter <clagnut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 21:31:10 +0100
To: www-font@w3.org
> At the same time, the only thing web developers care for, and lament
> about, is how much work possible conversion of free fonts will be.

I'm quite sure where that sentiment came from, but speaking as a web
developer I think it's perfectly reasonable to be required to process
a font file before using it on the web. It's exactly what we have to
do with video and images (no one displays RAW photos or full
resolution jpgs in websites). So any web developers who say that
processing fonts before using them on the web is an unnecessary burden
are not really thinking through their normal workflow.

Rich.