Re: Font license vs. conversion between font formats

From: Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 16:34:11 +0100
To: Gustavo Ferreira <gustavo.ferreira@hipertipo.net>
Cc: karsten luecke <list@kltf.de>, www-font@w3.org
2009/7/7 Gustavo Ferreira <gustavo.ferreira@hipertipo.net>:

> It find it unfortunate that current font architecture doesn't take optical
> sizes into consideration.

Yes, current _desktop_ font architectures don't. But the current web
font architecture is more flexible, I think. That is, inspecting a
rendered DOM and modifying it with Javascript so that nodes are styled
with fonts appropriate to their currently rendered size seem a
possibility. I would hope that CSS4 would provide a clean way to do
that without JS hackishness.