Re: Same-origin policies (Re: The other party in all this)

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> While I agree, are you trying to suggest that people think that
> CORS/same-origin restrictions carry ownership information with them in
> any way?

"Ownership" isn't exactly the word I'm looking for, but the adoption of
CORS to express licenses implies that the author of http://example.com/A
  has a certain right over http://example.com/B (or vice versa,
depending on which links to which). That would depend *only* on the
similarity of their URLs, CORS offers no way to negate that relation.

The Web architecture document[1] says that such inferences from URLs
should not be made. Two URLs are either the same or different. There is
nothing in between.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-webarch-20041215/#uri-opacity

Bert