RE: Partial fonts

From: Richard Fink <rfink@readableweb.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 19:52:52 -0400
To: "'Thomas Phinney'" <tphinney@cal.berkeley.edu>, "'Erik van Blokland'" <erik@letterror.com>
Cc: <www-font@w3.org>
Thomas and Erik,

Along the lines of Erik's "partial font" idea, what about custom naming? I
can crack open a font and name it Bluefish WebDust. Or GWDFRHYU. Then all I
have to do is declare the font with that name using @font-face in the CSS.
It would seem to me that a would-be "font borrower" (Hah!) might lose some
trust in the integrity of that file if such were the case.
Do you see any glaring problems arising from that approach to obfuscation?
Anybody else see an unwanted technical problem in that?