RE: the discussion is over, resistance time

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 01:47:16 +0000
To: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
CC: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
>From: Thomas Lord [mailto:lord@emf.net]

>An honest mistake.  My apologies.
No worries, it was funny as hell. (And it's happened a couple of timesbefore). However, if you can't get that right over email, imagine what else you could be missing....

>23 years counts as decades.  The first sense I
>got of this cultural claim was round-about 1987 or
>1988 at Carnegie Mellon University.
I certainly never heard of anything approaching 'thuggery' until the mid to late 90s and the antitrust case in the U.S. (I didn't come here until 3 years ago, btw)
And from older colleagues who had experiences from before Microsoft was public. Well, at least you were early :)