RE: the discussion is over, resistance time

Not quite. CORS aims to enable same-origin policy overrides. It does not refuse access,
it allows access to resources that would otherwise not be loaded. It's an allow mechanism.

>A system of rootstrings forbids a client from
>performing certain computations with a file that
>is already in hand, if the client is to be called
>conforming.  This refusal is in spite of the fact
>that no interop enhancement is thus obtained.
The first sentence is correct. The second does not logically follow. Today, Mozilla may reject a web font that WebKit would not. That is not interoperable even though rootstrings are not involved.