RE: the discussion is over, resistance time

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 23:33:32 +0000
To: Thomas Lord <lord@emf.net>
CC: luke whitmore <lwhitmore@gmail.com>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
Which in practice - i.e. the way the feature is used in the field - means a same-origin check is done on the file on
Behalf of the license holder. I gather that if the same-origin rule is embedded in the file, then people assume it
constitutes DRM. Let's just say the number of non-lawyers making that claim vastly outnumbers the real one but I'm open to
an expert opinion. (as in, from a real lawyer with an expertise in the matter).

I note that Firefox 3.5 does a same-origin check on web fonts by default. I'm not aware of any standard that requires it as of now.