Re: Fonts WG Charter feedback

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:44:09 +1200
To: Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Cc: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>wrote:

> Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> >Not so. I've indicated willingness to find a compromise:
> >
> >  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008Nov/0412.html
>
> Your "compromise" still includes the one "feature" that we (and font
> vendors) have said isn't acceptable - direct TTF/OTF linking.

I don't think anyone who's already implemented support for direct TTF/OTF
linking would consider dropping support for it. I didn't think dropping that
support was a precondition for font vendors buying into Ascender's
New-Web-Fonts-Proposal. If it is, then I think no compromise is possible.

Rob
53:5-6]