Re: Fonts WG Charter feedback -- iNDIFFERENT OBSERVATION

> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Thomas Lord<lord@emf.net> wrote:
> As an author, as long as raw TTF/OTF is *a* required format, I'm
> *enormously* more flexible on what other formats may exist.  *One*
> common format will at least put us at a good interop level, even if
> many fonts aren't legally usable under it yet, and then we can have
> all the knockdown-dragout fights we want over which new technology to
> implement.

I'm no longer representing a type foundry, but I can predict how most
of them will react....

Having raw TTF/OTF as a required format is only of any interest if
some more foundry-friendly format is also a required format.
Otherwise, they are $c&!'ed.

Maybe that was at the root of Sylvain's last question to Håkon.

Cheers,