RE: Fonts WG Charter feedback

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 01:25:15 +0200
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: "www-font@w3.org" <www-font@w3.org>
Also sprach Sylvain Galineau:

 > Given your background and influence I thought you'd be in an ideal
 > position to drive such a working compromise. That after all these
 > years, you would welcome the efforts of Microsoft - well, at least
 > mine, as limited as they are - and those of font vendors, however
 > late they may be.
 >
 > Instead, most of what I see here is stalling

Not so. I've indicated willingness to find a compromise:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008Nov/0412.html

The only thing I ask for from MS is that you also commit to support
TT/OT linking in IE, like you do in other products. This will require
an hour or so of your time.

Will you do it?

-h&kon