RE: ascender, descender, cap-height and x-height

From: Karlsson Kent - keka <keka@im.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 17:16:15 +0100
To: www-font@w3.org
(I don't dare cc www-style, since that seems to
cause multiple copies on each of those lists.)

Ideally, whatever the ""em"", the ""em"" or similar value
should NOT cause any clipping. (I know, it does in some
systems. Bad idea. Very bad idea for Vietnamese.)

Side remark: As far as I know, "stacked Danish diacritics"
(I guess you mean capital  with acute) only occur in
dictionaries. As opposed to just any text, like stacked
diacritics in Vietnamese.

		Kind regards
		/kent k