Re: First e-mail and some question

Farhad Abdolian wrote:

> My problem is, that I am working to make some Persian/Farsi fonts for
> different WEB sites. One of them (which is very popular among people in the
> cyberspace) is a font called Persian!
>
> I have tried to convert this font to TrueDoc by using the demo version of
> the HexMac's program, but many characters apear as boxes in that font.

That is because the tool you are using - at least, the demo version -
does not support Unicode correctly.

> had the same problem with the font when I installed it on NT first, so I
> changed the character mapping of that font, re-defined it as "decorative"
> and renamed all the character's name and unicode number to those in a
> "decorative" font.

Hmm.. a retrogressive step given that they had correct unicode numbers.
This is not a good direction in which to proceed.

> After that, the font was installed and the document was
> shown in a correct way in NT,

apparently correct...

>  but after MS's released ServicEPAck 3 of that
> OS, the problem re-appeared and I had to remove the new font, and install
> the original font instead, and it worked just fine!

Yup.

> I know that the demo version of the HexMac's program, does not convert all
> the files into TrueDoc font format and some of them will be miising, so I
> sen the font to a friends of mine in Germany who has bought HexMac and
> asked him to convert the font for me, but the result was the same, many of
> the characters are missing there and I don't know how to take care of that
> problem.

Exactly the same characters missing, or different ones, or a subset?

Do your pages use characters in the unicode compatibility zone to get
positional glyph variants, or do you have the actual unicode characters
and rely on the rendering engine to get the correct positional variants?

Have you tried using Weft on the same original font files?

--
Chris